Al Mubashier Community Drive leaving a legacy
Al Mubashier means “the giver of glad tidings”, which encompasses what we hope to bring to the lives of many Insha’Allah.
Our main goal
Our primary objective is to provide poverty-stricken township madrassas with much needed support. To help them prosper and become beacons of light in their communities. Many of our Muslim brothers and sisters in the townships are reverts and it is our duty to make them feel a part of our communities.
About the project
Our project has two arms – the Khayelitsha Site B Madrassa and the Addawatul Islamia Madrassa in Delft South:
- The Khayelitsha Site B Madrassa is run by Aunty Fadillah and Sister Fatima and has about 20-30 children and women attending, all of them are reverts. The madrassa is held in a rundown shack which is cold and wet in the winter months. The madrassa was once also an orphanage to 19 children at night however when Sister Fatima left to Durban to find employment, they were scattered to various foster homes, mostly non-Muslim.
- Addawatul Islamia is a well-established madrassa and Jamaat Khaana (Prayer Room) in poverty-stricken Delft. It is run by Imam Ismail and 4 staff members assisting him with teaching and the running of the madrassa.
There are 60 children of all ages attending the madrassa. It also offers many other community support programmes such as feeding schemes, sewing classes etc. They do not own the property and stand the risk of losing everything at any time.
How can you help?
Both madrassas receive little to no financial or other support and are very isolated. We appeal to all who is able to assist in making this a Sadaqatul Jaariah and a legacy for all of us.
During the year ahead, we are planning larger fundraising activities to build better premises for the Khayelitsha Madrassa and to help Addawatul Islamia purchase their property. The ultimate dream for Khayelitsha Madrassa is to bring Sister Fatima and the orphans back. With your help we can make this a reality, Insha’Allah.
- Financial Assistance: Financial assistance in the form of adhoc donations or a debit order is also required to please help pay for staff salaries, staff teacher development, learning materials, books, meals and so on. Alhamdulillah, InLight Foundation and Zahraa Institute have offered to help with teacher development and towards the salaries at the Delft Madrassa.
- Secondhand Clothing and Items: Your help doesn’t have to be financial; you can also help us to collect good quality secondhand clothing and appliances no longer used or broken, which they are able to fix and sell to support themselves.
- Fundraising and Website Development: We also welcome your time for fundraising, your expertise in helping us set up our organisation by creating a website.
For further information, please contact:
- Yasmine Ganief: 082 377 5437, email@example.com
- Khadija Safodien: 082 742 8633
- Fagmeedah Davids: 084 871 9107